Boys & Girls, Entering Grades 11 & 12
Camp Reed Volunteer Staff receive training and then volunteer 1-2 weeks of their summer at Camp Reed. JCs responsibilities include getting to know and serve campers as a positive role model, assisting in a variety of camp activities, camp work areas, and working directly with Camp Reed staff in a leadership role. Application process, training fee and weekly store deposit required.
JC Application Requirements
As volunteer staff, JCs should make all contacts and arrangements themselves, rather than having parents call or contact us. Thanks for recognizing this transition into leadership at Camp Reed.
For information regarding the JC program, please contact Buster at firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 720-5632.
Step 1: Due February 15th for Priority Scheduling
- Print the Application Volunteer Packet
- Volunteer Handbook: Read! Then sign and return "Receipt" page.
- Volunteer Application: Choose week preference(s). Second year JCs given priority.
- Emergency Contact Form for Volunteers
- Consumer Report
- Criminal and Abuse Disclosure
- Residence History
- WSP Form
- Two Reference Forms - all JCs are required to obtain two references
- Health History / Parent Permission
- $25 Application Fee
Step 2: Pre-Camp Training
All Junior Counselors are required to attend pre-camp training. This training includes Mission Emphasis, JC Role, Child Development, Cabin Management, Work Area Training, Child Abuse Protection Training, and Program overview. There are two options for this training:
OPTION 1: June 1st and 2nd retreat at Camp Reed. Meet Saturday 11 am, overnight to Sunday at noon. Includes JC training PLUS bonding on the Camp Reed Challenge Course. This option is STRONGLY recommended to all Junior Counselors, so please plan accordingly. This training will require a $40 fee.
OPTION 2: Wednesday June 5th, 5-8 pm at the YMCA. Those who are unable to attend the JC weekend retreat are required to attend this training which will cover the trainings listed above. This training does not require a fee.
Step 3: Due June 3rd
- Obtain your food handler permit from the Spokane Regional Health District. If you live out of Spokane County you may obtain a food permit from your local county health district. Your week will be canceled if you do not have a permit on file by June 3rd. Your food handler permit can be obtained online by following the link above.
- Complete an Auction Procurement Form with a service or item valued at $100.
- JC week deposit ($30 per week). Your deposit will be credited directly to your store account and will be forfeited if your week is canceled.
* If you need scholarship assistance for any fees or costs do not hesitate to contact Buster at email@example.com or 509-720-5632.
Please mail completed application to:
YMCA CAMP REED
1126 N. Monroe
Spokane, WA 99201